Painkillers can be an effective way to manage pain, but when misused, they can become extremely dangerous. Prescription painkillers are among the most commonly abused drugs in the United States, leading to addiction and even overdose. Here at Vertava Health Mississippi, we recognize the serious risks associated with painkiller addiction and are here to help. We provide individuals with painkiller addiction treatment that addresses the physical symptoms of addiction and the underlying emotional and psychological factors.
Our team of professionals has extensive expertise in treating painkiller addiction. From opioids to benzodiazepines, we have experience working with a wide range of commonly abused painkillers. Our evidence-based approach combines medical intervention with therapy and counseling sessions to give our patients the best chance at long-term recovery. Please don’t wait to contact us about addiction treatment options. Call us at 844.470.0410, and a team member can help you find a suitable treatment for yourself or a loved one.
3 Most Commonly Abused Painkillers
There are several commonly abused painkillers that individuals may unknowingly become addicted to. But here are the three of the most abused painkiller medications:
Oxycodone is a powerful opioid pain medication commonly prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It works by binding to opioid receptors in the brain, which can provide a sense of euphoria and pain relief. Unfortunately, oxycodone is highly addictive and can easily lead to dependence and misuse. People with an oxycodone addiction often started by taking it as prescribed but eventually found that they needed more and more of the drug to achieve the same effects.
Hydrocodone is an opioid pain medication commonly prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It works in much the same way as oxycodone, binding to opioid receptors in the brain to provide pain relief and feelings of well-being. Like oxycodone, hydrocodone can be highly addictive, leading to dependence and abuse even when prescribed. In many cases, individuals struggling with addiction begin taking medication for pain management but eventually rely on the drug to feel normal.
Tramadol is a type of opioid pain medication somewhat different from drugs like oxycodone and hydrocodone. It is considered a “weak” opioid, meaning that it is less addictive and has fewer side effects. However, tramadol can still be misused and can lead to addiction, especially if taken in high doses or for an extended period of time. In addition to providing pain relief, tramadol can also produce feelings of pleasure and euphoria, which can be highly desirable for those struggling with depression or anxiety.
How Can Painkiller Addiction Treatment Impact Your Recovery?
Effective treatment for painkiller addiction can significantly influence your journey to recovery by providing comprehensive care tailored to your specific needs. Here are some key ways in which painkiller addiction treatment at Vertava Health Mississippi can impact your recovery:
- Individualized treatment plans – Our team understands that every individual is unique, as are their struggles and recovery needs. We create personalized treatment plans that address each individual’s specific addiction challenges, enhancing the recovery process’s effectiveness.
- Comprehensive care –Our treatment program is not limited to medical intervention. We provide comprehensive care that includes therapy and counseling sessions to address the underlying emotional and psychological factors contributing to addiction.
- Professional expertise – Our team of professionals has extensive expertise in treating addiction to a wide range of commonly abused painkillers. This expertise enables us to provide the most appropriate and effective treatment for your specific addiction.
- Evidence-based approach – Our approach is rooted in scientifically proven methods. Combining medical interventions with therapy and counseling ensures our patients receive the best care, increasing their chances of long-term recovery.
- Supportive environment – Vertava Health Mississippi provides a supportive and compassionate environment that promotes healing, recovery, and personal growth. We focus on helping you regain control of your life and build a healthy, substance-free future.
Our values are rooted in recovery, evidence-based, and positivity. We believe that every individual deserves the chance to achieve lasting recovery from addiction and lead a fulfilling life. Our addiction program and services are vast, inclusive, and tailored to meet the diverse needs of our patients. Remember, you are not alone on this journey—we are here to support you.
Contact Vertava Health – Mississippi to Start Painkiller Addiction Treatment and Begin Your Recovery
Painkiller addiction is a serious problem that can have devastating consequences. If you or someone you love is struggling with painkiller addiction, it’s essential to seek help as soon as possible. Here at Vertava Health Mississippi, we offer a wide range of addiction treatment services, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), detox, co-occurring conditions treatment, and counseling.
Our team of highly trained professionals is dedicated to helping you overcome addiction and begin living a substance-free life. Together, we can work to break the cycle of painkiller addiction and build a brighter, more hopeful future—contact us today at 844.470.0410.