At Vertava Health Mississippi, we offer group therapy as part of our drug and alcohol addiction therapy programs. Connecting with others in recovery and forming a network of support can help you maintain your recovery long-term. Our treatment programs offer several types of group therapy used to teach patients valuable recovery skills and promote personal growth.
Learn more about our group counseling program in Mississippi by connecting with our team at 844.470.0410 today.
Why We Offer Group Therapy for Addiction Treatment
Addiction is a lonely struggle that can cause many to become detached from the people around them, including their loved ones. At Vertava Health Mississippi, we place an emphasis on connecting patients with a healthy support system. One of the most effective ways we do this is by offering group therapy for those in our inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment programs.
Group therapy refers to any group of two or more people that come together for discussion or activities. This form of therapy offers a safe and confidential setting for people to share their experiences, learn from others, and acquire healthy skills to aid them in each stage of sobriety.
There are various types of group therapy that can be used to treat addiction. These include:
Group therapy is an integral part of our Vertava Health Mississippi addiction treatment programs. In addition to individual therapy and medication-assisted treatment, group therapy is considered one of the most effective ways to heal from addiction and achieve lifelong recovery.
Benefits of Group Therapy for Addiction Recovery
Group therapy offers a number of advantages for individuals in addiction recovery, including a greater likelihood of staying sober and retaining a commitment for recovery.
Much of the driving force behind this is the social connection built in these spaces. Therapy in a group setting can build a powerful source of support, stabilization, and positive reinforcement.
Additional benefits of attending group therapy for addiction include:
- New skills – Psychoeducational and skill-building groups can teach people valuable tools to aid them on their path towards recovery, such as communication tools, healthy coping strategies, relapse prevention skills, and managing finances.
- Multiple perspectives – Examining a situation or a struggle alone, or even with just one other person, can be limiting. Within a group setting, multiple people can offer their perspectives and personal insight based on their experiences.
- Positive and constructive feedback – Group therapy provides a space for people to talk about difficult experiences and request constructive feedback or advice from others. This can be helpful in order to challenge irrational beliefs, gain validation, and improve problem-solving skills. Patients can also offer encouragement for one another and highlight each other’s abilities and successes.
- Accountability – Attending and participating in support groups is a helpful way for people to remain accountable in sobriety. On an outpatient level, attending groups can provide beneficial structure and support in people’s everyday lives.
- Inspiration – One of the greatest benefits of group therapy is being able to witness the successes of others in recovery. This can be very powerful for people who may be struggling with their own sobriety and need an additional push for motivation. It can also keep people motivated to stay on a healthy path and continue challenging their triggers.
Reach Out to Vertava Health Mississippi to Learn More
One of the most valuable aspects of entering an addiction treatment program is the opportunity to observe and learn from others who have been where you are. Whether you are entering treatment for the first time or have a history of time in rehab, it’s an opportunity for growth. At Vertava Health Mississippi, we know how lonely it can be in the depths of your addiction.
Contact us today at 844.470.0410 to learn more about our group therapy offerings and find a Vertava Health Mississippi addiction treatment program that meets your needs.